1. You _____ read that article if you don’t want to.
A. haven’t B. can’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t
2. I _____ get this done immediately or it will be too late.
A. must B. can C. may D. might
3. The house is dark.; the Browns ______ to bed.
A. may go B. should go C. should have gone D. must have gone
4. — That car must have cost a lot of money.
— Oh, no, _______.
A. it mustn’t B. it hasn’t C. it doesn’t D. it didn’t
5. I ______ asleep in the corner, for I remember nothing of what happened during the night.
A. might fall B. must fall C. must have fallen D. can have fallen
6. I’m feeling sick. I ______ so much chocolate.
A. needn’t have eaten B. couldn’t have eaten C. mustn’t have eaten D. shouldn’t have eaten
7. My wallet is nowhere to be found, I _______ when I was on the bus.
A. must have dropped it B. must drop it
C. should have dropped it D. ought to have dropped it
8. “She must be in the dormitory now.” “No, she _____ be there, I saw her in the classroom a minute ago.”
A. mustn’t B. couldn’t C. can’t D. wouldn’t
9. Mr. Green ______ my letter, otherwise he would have replied before now.
A. must have received B. must have failed to receive C. must receive D. must fail to receive
10. I can’t find the recorder in the room. It _____ by somebody.
A. must have taken B. may have taken C. may have been taken D. should have been taken
11. You ought ______ the matter to the manager the day before yesterday.
A. to report B. to have reported C. to reporting D. have reported
12. Since this road is wet and slippery this morning, it _____ last night.
A. must rain B. was raining C. must have rained D. may rain.
答案：1-5 DADDC 6-10 DACBC 11-12 BC